List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Brainstorming from the toolbox
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-05-02 9:08:27

Thanks for the page Cyrille!
my suggestion was to have every app write down usecases; how is a toolbox
used and what scene is created that will have to be possible in the
resulting toolbox implementation.

I think the current page is far too much conclusion drawing. Suggesting
designs is something I think we should avoid until we know all the
requirements of all the apps in koffice.  And writing down application
usecases will be an immense help to get us started.
Generally, anything with "should" doesn't help as you can't really see *why*
a certain design limitation was added. Frankly speaking, its just stop-
energy. Don't do that.

If my explanation above is confusing maybe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_case helps making it clearer.

I would like to invite everyone to contribute to the page again replacing
their section with specific usecases. Please try to avoid drawing any
conclusions as they are only applicable to the current toolbox, and the
resulting toolbox may be totally different where conclusions drawn now are
not applicable.

Thanks!

--
Thomas Zander