List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Lock shape shouldn't be selectable
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-04-20 8:24:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hrm; rewrite this email.  I think this email can be read to be the opposite of
what I had in mind..
/me walks to the coffee machine to refill before continuing writing.

I agree with you guys that the different places in the UI may present the
information in a different way.
But I wanted to make clear that I think its important to not remove the
properties from the KoShape just because of that.

On Monday 20. April 2009 10:00:57 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sunday 19. April 2009 23:17:36 Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> > I agree about the different needs of different applications. I think it
> > would work having locked shapes not to be selectable in karbon. The only
> > issue i see with that is consistency between applications.

Your statement might need a bit refinement; if you have locked shapes in
karbon and you use a koffice-wide docker in karbon then the koffice-wide
features should still be accessable in that koffice-wide docker, naturally.
But the karbon layer-docker may indeed do things differently. For example by
calling both setLocked(true) and setSelectable(false) when the user presses
the lock.

--
Thomas Zander