List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Filter effects for karbon
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-04-06 7:46:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 5. April 2009 23:08:53 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> * the patch to flake is just meant to make the plugin not depending on
> any karbon code (not sure if it's useful, or if not giving access to
> KoShapeControllerBase is done on purpose)

Its done on purpose, indeed.
I thought we did a good job documenting that :(
http://www.koffice.org/developer/apidocs/libs-flake/classKoShapeController.html

> * currently I abuse the "isClipped" feature of KoShapeContainer, not sure
> if it was intended to be use like this
  Each child can optionally be said to be 'clipped' by the container. This
  feature will give the effect that if the child has a size and position
  outside the container, parts outside the container will not be shown. This
  is especially useful for showing cutouts of content, like images, without
  changing the actual content.
  For so called clipped children any modification made to the container is
  propagated to the child. This includes rotation as well as scaling and
  shearing.
From;
http://www.koffice.org/developer/apidocs/libs-flake/classKoShapeContainer.html

> * I would like the container to be
> unselectable, or at least the click to be redirected to shape containing
> the container

Hmm, thats tricky; what usecases did you have in mind exactly?
Clicks are done by the tool and they tend to do whats best for their purpose
to find which shape a click should go to. So its different per tool.

> So what's your opinion ? Is it a good start, should it be done
> differently ?

I'll try to apply the patch later.
From reading the code the approach looks sane to me.

[irrelevant comment about coding style being inconsistent]
--
Thomas Zander