List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword default look
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-03-23 22:29:08

2009/3/23 Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org>:
> On Monday 23. March 2009 21.51.07 Thomas Zander wrote:
>> as a recent thread here showed, kword looks quite unfinished in its initial
>> startup. For the release I think a trick most koffice apps use is wanted to
>> fix this.
>> I came up with the following default setup; what do you guys think about
>> that?
>>
>>  http://imagebin.ca/view/2asgnztB.html
>
> I probably should have made clear this is *only* about the locations and
> visibility of the dockers.
>
> Yes, there are a million things wrong with the UI, I know that too.

I know so I am sorry - I didnt want to introduce more noice. Have a
good & productive time before the release :)

> But as I
> can't fix everything before the release could we please focus only on the
> default positioning of the dockers and if you think some other dockers should
> be visible by default.

KWord dock looked better for me on the left hand. Tool options (mainly
because of styles and formatting) docker is what users expect to be
visible most of the time. I undersant that this may be because of
importance of bold/italic/etc buttons for nontechies. Such formatting
buttons would be better emphasized by having the tool options doc on
the top of the other dockers.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek