List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread and the cell editor
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-28 20:32:05

2009/1/28 Inge Wallin <inge@lysator.liu.se>:
> Forgive me here if I sound ignorant (that's because I am), but this is only a
> good solution if the docker is in fact an ordinary docker and not a tool
> option window.  Because in that case it would disappear if another tool is
> chosen.  I do suppose that since you suggest it here, it is just a normal
> docker that will stay as long as it's not closed.

Well ... no. As I state in the next paragraph:

>> Also, I've noticed that different tools remember the layout of their
>> respective "Tool Options" docker, so if someone picks a different tool
>> (magnifier or freehand or whatever), the formula bar disappears and if
>> it's top-docked, everything else shifts upwards - you can easily see
>> this by starting KSpread, docking the Tool Options docker to the top,
>> then picking anything other than the cell tool from the Tools panel.
>> This could be considered a good thing, though.

The docker is, in fact, a regular tool option window. And it does
disappear and reappear upon choosing a different tool - the question
is whether this is a problem - when you have a different tool
selected, you cannot use the formula bar anyway, plus choosing a
different tool would be very rare (perhaps we can even disable the
Tools docker by default?).

/ Tomas