List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: On the road to 2.0, what's next ?
From:       jaham () gmx ! net
Date:       2009-01-28 21:06:07

Hi...

On Monday 26 January 2009 15:29:35 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> During the meeting in Berlin, we decided to have a three monthes more of
> beta testing, and bug fixing, and, by the end of January, to assess the
> situation of KOffice, and when we would be able to release.
>
> We have Beta6 coming shortly, then nothing is planned, so we need to decide
> if we need more beta, and which applications will be ready and when.
>
> Before we take a decision, we need to know about the state of KOffice, to
> do this:
> * I would like [1] to be filled with Release Critical Bugs for each
> applications (since once the list get empty, we can have a final release)
> * each application maintainer make a quick evaluation of their application,
> and how much time they think it will take to make it ready

My impression from the last bug day at sunday is that Karbon is quite usable
already. There were some issues found, a great part of them is already fixed.
I am not aware of release critical bugs. Of course not all is perfect but as
we all know, there is life after 2.0.
So i think Karbon is quite ready for a release.

Ciao Jan