List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Saving Unknown ODF Elements
From:       Johannes Simon <johannes.simon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-26 19:02:51

On Thursday 25 September 2008 20:32:20 jeff wrote:
> But I do believe that templates have their own extension (.otx)
You are right. I checked kde-files.org, and they indeed have a template
extension.

> For the problem, one of the best solutions may be to dump these features
> for templates, or to have a menu item to dump such unsupported features.
That sounds like a good idea to me. But having a menu item for that wouldn't
be enough. The user very likely doesn't know about these unsupported features,
and thus won't look for that menu item. I think it makes more sense to ask if
these features should be dumped when the user saves the file.