List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Saving Unknown ODF Elements
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-09-26 19:08:12

jeff wrote:
> But can anyone show me a single OOo user who thinks anything of
> Koffice (or even thinks it has an excuse to exist)?

Sure. I use OOo because koffice (last I looked) seemed a bit flaky (keep
in mind "last I looked" is at trunk, some time ago), but I will likely
consider kword again some time in the future.

I think having multiple ODF office suites is good; certainly I don't
feel that koffice is lacking "an excuse to exist" :-). I would have
thought people that care about ODF (i.e. not the people that change the
default save format to Micro$oft) generally wouldn't be opposed to
multiple ODF office suites; maybe your experience is different?

--
Matthew
"Who wants to sing?" -- Orcs (Warcraft II)