List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kexi reports
From:       Adam Pigg <adam () piggz ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-08-09 9:40:22

Tapio Kautto wrote:

> After a long pause using KOffice I gave 2.0-alpha8 a try on Windows.
> I also updated to alpha9 when the packages were ready. Thanks to the
> packager, I used them for real business, they really proved to be useful.
> Just want you to know that your work is highly appreciated!
>
> I managed to produce a really important sales report from SQL Server data,
> and found Kexi Reports module _very_ promising.
>
> I compiled KOffice svn version on Kubuntu, and the Report module was
> not there.
> Is reports module disabled by default? I hope not, because it proved
> to be very
> useful despite of it's shortcomings.
> Is plugins/reports the report module directory, or
> is plugins/reportspgz (strange name?) the real reports module?
>
> I'm trying to dig in the source code, and the plugins/reports did not
> compile correctly with yesterdays svn source.
>
> If there is something easy I could do with the reports, I'd be glad to
> help. I'm not a capable C++ dev, I know only PHP but I'm willing to learn
> more. Any possible Junior Jobs? :)
> I can give it few hours a week of my spare time
> from now on.
> Is it OK to report any bug found with Kexi or with the Reports module?
>
> Thanks,
> Tapio
Hi Tapio

Thanks for the feedback and trying it out, it is much appreciated!

reportspgz is the correct module, maybe it will be moved to 'reports' when it is \
deemed good enough.

Im definitely open for bug reports and wishes, im pretty sure the report module under \
kexi on bugs.kde.org will send them to me.

Thanks again for trying it out, im glad it was useful for you, hopefully i can get \
rid of its shortcomings :)

Cheers

Adam