List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Kexi reports
From:       Tapio Kautto <eleknader () phnet ! fi>
Date:       2008-08-08 11:31:08

After a long pause using KOffice I gave 2.0-alpha8 a try on Windows.
I also updated to alpha9 when the packages were ready. Thanks to the packager,
I used them for real business, they really proved to be useful. Just want you
to know that your work is highly appreciated!

I managed to produce a really important sales report from SQL Server data,
and found Kexi Reports module _very_ promising.

I compiled KOffice svn version on Kubuntu, and the Report module was
not there.
Is reports module disabled by default? I hope not, because it proved
to be very
useful despite of it's shortcomings.
Is plugins/reports the report module directory, or
is plugins/reportspgz (strange name?) the real reports module?

I'm trying to dig in the source code, and the plugins/reports did not compile
correctly with yesterdays svn source.

If there is something easy I could do with the reports, I'd be glad to help.
I'm not a capable C++ dev, I know only PHP but I'm willing to learn more.
Any possible Junior Jobs? :)
I can give it few hours a week of my spare time
from now on.
Is it OK to report any bug found with Kexi or with the Reports module?

Thanks,
Tapio