List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: introduction
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-06 18:28:03

On Tuesday 06 May 2008 03:43, cricketc@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 6:24 PM, David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:
> > On Monday 05 May 2008, cricketc@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> >  > This is Benjamin Cail (tuubaaku) on irc. I'll be working on KWord
> >  > import filters for MSWord documents. First I'll port the current
> >  > filter to create ODT's instead of KWD documents, and then I'll work on
> >  > graphics support in libwv2. I'm happy to work with you all on
> >  > improving KOffice.
> >
> >  Excellent news. Feel free to email me (directly; I don't really monitor
> > this list anymore) if you have specific questions about the code of the
> > msword->kword import filter. I hope Werner is still around to answer
> > questions about libwv2 itself.
>
> Thank you both of you for your help. I believe Werner has been on this
> list recently, so I should be able to contact him as well.

Yes, I'm lurking on koffice-devel. It usually takes some time for me to
respond, but I'll try to help you, in case you have questions about the
format and/or the implementation.

One first step would be to check out the wv2 CVS tree. In the HEAD branch I
already started some experiments with image importing, iirc, and the WV_0_2_1
branch contains the code from the last "official" release (wv2-0.2.3).

The doc/ subdirectory contains a rough outline of the filter's design. This
knowledge should be enough to be able to port the KOffice part of the filter,
but feel free to contact me (probably off-list), if you need more detailed
information.

Ciao,
Werner