On Tuesday 06 May 2008 03:43, cricketc@gmail.com wrote: > On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 6:24 PM, David Faure wrote: > > On Monday 05 May 2008, cricketc@gmail.com wrote: > > > Hello, > > > > > > This is Benjamin Cail (tuubaaku) on irc. I'll be working on KWord > > > import filters for MSWord documents. First I'll port the current > > > filter to create ODT's instead of KWD documents, and then I'll work on > > > graphics support in libwv2. I'm happy to work with you all on > > > improving KOffice. > > > > Excellent news. Feel free to email me (directly; I don't really monitor > > this list anymore) if you have specific questions about the code of the > > msword->kword import filter. I hope Werner is still around to answer > > questions about libwv2 itself. > > Thank you both of you for your help. I believe Werner has been on this > list recently, so I should be able to contact him as well. Yes, I'm lurking on koffice-devel. It usually takes some time for me to respond, but I'll try to help you, in case you have questions about the format and/or the implementation. One first step would be to check out the wv2 CVS tree. In the HEAD branch I already started some experiments with image importing, iirc, and the WV_0_2_1 branch contains the code from the last "official" release (wv2-0.2.3). The doc/ subdirectory contains a rough outline of the filter's design. This knowledge should be enough to be able to port the KOffice part of the filter, but feel free to contact me (probably off-list), if you need more detailed information. Ciao, Werner _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel