List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Status again
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2008-03-14 6:12:20

On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last week Casper took the honours, this time I'll do it:
>
> What's the state of our push to get a minimal KOffice released? Who has
> done what, and what needs to be done still? Are we already in a position to
> determine a new release schedule?
>
> My impression is that we're not really out of the morass, especially with
> regards to ODF. I feel we really need more of a concensus on what needs to
> be done, how, in which order and by whom.

At the moment I'm working on making find work for multiple text objects. I'm
nearly finished with that.

> This is what I know:
>
> * Animations: pluginification waiting on redesign to fit better with SMIL
> * Text Shape: Martin doing some work; not sure about status?

I will work a on saving of text as a next step.

> * Page Effects: pretty much done, including selection listview
> * ODF: redesign for data centers done, not sure about the implications,
> though.
> * Hired KWord hacker: no news, as far as I am aware.
> * I've been ill last two weeks, so I only did some recreational Krita
> hacking.
>
> I do not feel, at this moment, confident enough to commit to any kind of a
> schedule, not unless we've manage to create a good ODF todo (in which case
> I'll have something to hack on for KOffce again, too).

I like to get have something like the style chooser that is there in karbon
and krita also for kpresenter. It is needed to be also able to change the
background of the shapes. No idea is we should have a simpler version or if
the same dialog should be used.

I try to contact Aaron to see if he already had a look and ask him what he
needs from me to go on.

Also kotext is in the need of more work to get it up to a releaseable state.

Also there is no work done yet on setting a background in kopageapp.

Thorsten