List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord for 2.0
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-02-18 19:59:29

Hi,

On Monday 18 February 2008, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 18 February 2008 16:49:01 Thomas Zander wrote:
> > one [org] basically asked me what we need to do to make sure KWord
> > can be released in 2.0, so we can get someone to do it.

The thing is the we don't have a more extensive list, and honestly, we have
limited time to work on it, especially has you have seen, koffice core
developers have decided to concentrate on getting kpresenter out (the reasons
are detailed here [1]). That said, it doesn't prevent anyone to work on
KWord, the decision on where to put the effort is up to the developer. But
indeed, as you mentioned it, coordination is crucial.

> Re-reading my mail I'm shamed to say I forgot to point out that while the
> goal is clear; to make sure KWord gets a leg up and gets released with 2.0,
> the best way to do that is still under investigation.
>
> Some things we talked about include;
> * Hiring someone for 3 or 4 months to do the work. (this is our ideal now)
I am sure it can't hurt, and it can certainly brings a lot, so if it can be
done, it would be great.

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=120266251419767&w=2
--
Cyrille Berger