List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord for 2.0
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-02-18 19:38:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 18 February 2008 16:49:01 Thomas Zander wrote:
> one [org] basically asked me what we need to do to make sure KWord
> can be released in 2.0, so we can get someone to do it.

Re-reading my mail I'm shamed to say I forgot to point out that while the
goal is clear; to make sure KWord gets a leg up and gets released with 2.0,
the best way to do that is still under investigation.

Some things we talked about include;
* Hiring someone for 3 or 4 months to do the work. (this is our ideal now)
* Getting a phone-conference system up (landline or skype or so) for core
developers to coordinate (to avoid duplicating work and releasing stress
that comes from electronic communication)
* your input here ;)

Btw, I just finished recompiling and did some reading/hacking etc, its nice
to see a rather large jump in functionality since the last time I looked.
Great progress guys! And cool stuff too!
--
Thomas Zander