List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice 1.6.3 build errors with gcc-4.3
From:       Raúl Sánchez Siles <rasasi78 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-05 22:41:23

Sebastian Sauer wrote:

> Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:
>
>>   Hello again:
>>
>>   I' think I've solved the problem and it was that I wasn't really using
>> latest svn revision.
>
> so, the compile-error happens on the official 1.6.3 tarball but not in the
> 1.6-branch? I guess I remember such an error, but it was a while back
> early 1.6 or maybe even 1.5.8x times, so probably a regression?!
  No, the problem was that the gcc-4.3 revision I was using didn't support
(maybe bugly) default parameters when using templates (or something like
that).

  On latest revision of gcc-4.3 that is fixed, so not needed to apply. Still
there were some other issues which were addressed in the

>>   BTW, I'm not sure if the svn revision should be relased as is or some
>> patches should be cherry picked... I'll look into that. ;)
>
> afaik the 1.6-branch does contain some additional patches to 1.6.3 and
> those patches are rather stable, if that was the implicit question :)

  Thanks fr ¡or your answer. I'd like to discuss about this more in detail
with Debian Qt/KDE devels. To start I'll try to summarise patches commited.
I guess in the end Debian will use latest svn revision in lack of a new
release, but this has to go its own way.

  Possibly more to come about this.

>>   Thanks.
>
> nah, thank you and all the other great devels for debian which just rocks!
> :)

:)
--
     Raúl Sánchez Siles