List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem building tests
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2008-01-06 8:59:30

On Sunday 06 January 2008, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Sunday 06 January 2008 10:35:21 am Brad Hards wrote:
> > I'm not seeing why this is occuring. The KPrShapeAnimations are in
> > libkpresenterprivate, I only appear to have one libkpresenterprivate,
> > the export looks OK.
>
> Actually, I now think the export is screwy. It probably worked really well
> when there was an explicit cmake flag to turn on building tests, but the
> current code isn't really compatible with that approach.
>
> #ifdef COMPILING_TESTS
> #if defined _WIN32 || defined _WIN64
> # if defined(MAKE_KPRESENTERPRIVATE_LIB)
> #       define KPRESENTER_TEST_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
> #   else
> #       define KPRESENTER_TEST_EXPORT KDE_IMPORT
> #   endif
> # else /* not windows */
> #   define KPRESENTER_TEST_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
> # endif
> #else /* not compiling tests */
> #   define KPRESENTER_TEST_EXPORT
> #endif
>
> I think that the problem is that COMPILING_TESTS might be set by "make
> buildtests", but it is too late by then (since the library -
> kpresenterprivate or kwordprivate - is already built without KDE_EXPORT)

The reason it is that way is that the classes should not exported by default
but only when test are used. I see that staniek has changed the exports for
flake which used the same quite some time ago. See:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/libs/flake/flake_export.h?view=log

Is there a way so that the _TEXT_EXPORT is only imported when tests are build.

Thorsten