List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2007-12-03 16:02:22

On Monday 03 December 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 3. December 2007 06:46:40 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > So if a page is inserted in kpresenter and I have a page number in a text
> > shape on a page after that page the page number has to be updated. Is
> > there something like a collection of all variables so that it can be
> > done?
>
> All you need to do is make sure you call the proper
> KoTextShapeData::setPageNumber() and force a relayout of that text.
> Doing the latter is also easy; just call KoTextShapeData::fireResizeEvent()
>
> Hmm, I see I need to change 2 things here;
> * setPageNumber should mark the shape as 'dirty' (committed 744399).
> * rename fireResizeEvent to something more sane.  (not done yet).
>
> > I have a usecase in kopageapp where I'm not sure if it can work. So maybe
> > you have the answer. If you have a master page which shows the page
> > number and you show two different pages with the same master page in 2
> > different views or maybe one view where you can see more then one page
> > will this work?
>
> Currently no, I have the same problem in KWord where pagenumbers in a
> header or footer are not updated properly.
> I've been trying to find a simple way to fix this issue, but have not found
> one just yet.
> I'm happy to hear about your usecase so I can take it into account while
> thinking about a proper solution.

I can think of 2 different ones:

1. You have the current page number on the master page and show 2 or more
different pages which use the same master page at the same time in 2 or more
views, e.g the user have two views open with 2 different pages using the same
master page.

2. You have the current page number on the master page and you show 2 or more
different pages which use the same master page at the same time in one view,
e.g. you do a presentation and on you notebook you can see the current and the
next presentation

> I'm pretty sure it will require a
> relayout for each usage of the shape on a new page :(
> Open for suggestions...

I don't have any idea right now but if something come up I let you know.

Thorsten