On Monday 03 December 2007, Thomas Zander wrote: > On Monday 3. December 2007 06:46:40 Thorsten Zachmann wrote: > > So if a page is inserted in kpresenter and I have a page number in a text > > shape on a page after that page the page number has to be updated. Is > > there something like a collection of all variables so that it can be > > done? > > All you need to do is make sure you call the proper > KoTextShapeData::setPageNumber() and force a relayout of that text. > Doing the latter is also easy; just call KoTextShapeData::fireResizeEvent() > > Hmm, I see I need to change 2 things here; > * setPageNumber should mark the shape as 'dirty' (committed 744399). > * rename fireResizeEvent to something more sane. (not done yet). > > > I have a usecase in kopageapp where I'm not sure if it can work. So maybe > > you have the answer. If you have a master page which shows the page > > number and you show two different pages with the same master page in 2 > > different views or maybe one view where you can see more then one page > > will this work? > > Currently no, I have the same problem in KWord where pagenumbers in a > header or footer are not updated properly. > I've been trying to find a simple way to fix this issue, but have not found > one just yet. > I'm happy to hear about your usecase so I can take it into account while > thinking about a proper solution. I can think of 2 different ones: 1. You have the current page number on the master page and show 2 or more different pages which use the same master page at the same time in 2 or more views, e.g the user have two views open with 2 different pages using the same master page. 2. You have the current page number on the master page and you show 2 or more different pages which use the same master page at the same time in one view, e.g. you do a presentation and on you notebook you can see the current and the next presentation > I'm pretty sure it will require a > relayout for each usage of the shape on a new page :( > Open for suggestions... I don't have any idea right now but if something come up I let you know. Thorsten _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel