List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Licensing - Or - How I learned to love kicking people (fwd)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-08 9:50:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 08 November 2007 09:40:34 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> If we intend to release another 1.6, we really need to update the licenses
> in that branch to gplv3 compatible, like gplv2+ or gplv2 + gplv3. So, I'm
> forwarding this mail from Dirk with the list of problem areas.
>
> I seem to remember that we already fixed trunk some time ago, although I
> may be mistaken, and of course it's possible that new problems have crept
> in.

As far as I know most issues have been resolved in trunk, yes. Not everything,
though.  I'm sure some code in kofficelibs still is problematic.  But I aimed
to supersede that code.
I've been keeping an eye on the commits to make sure no new problems get in,
and apart from some imported code that has the old FSF address, I didn't spot
anything.

> Dirk is also going to run his script on trunk & will let me have the
> results when they are in.

That would be good, yes.

And at the same time I'd love to get a common goal for the KOffice team to
make sure that the kofficelibs stay LGPLv2+ (i.e. include the "or later").
At least make sure that any new file going in kofficelibs has this license.
This really is the only way we can keep to the goal of establishing KOffice
as a platform for people to build on, now and in the future.

My 0.02 NOK
--
Thomas Zander