List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Meeting decisions
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-27 18:18:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 27 October 2007 18:54:47 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> So, basically we came to the conclusion that connectors in OmniGraffle
> were exactly like our path shape, but with connectors and some
> autolayout functionality.

I fully agree on the required user-interactions. In fact a usability
design made by Ellen also pointed this out.

The interactions you stated all have to be hand-coded, though.
Irregardless of using a shape based solution or using a separate
inheritance tree like the connections use now.

I'm sure that after the guys that want to work on this looked at the code
a bit deeper they will come to the same conclusion themselves.
I just hoped they would take my word for it ;)

I think avoiding the mixing of concepts that are in principle very
different will actually make sure the end effect is more understandable
code.  Which is a better idea IMO then finding all the exceptions you
have to put in 'normal' shapes code for connectors.
--
Thomas Zander