List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Meeting decisions
From:       Casper Boemann <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2007-10-27 16:15:57

On Saturday 27 October 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> >  We need a good shape selector, though, the current one doesn't cut
>
> Does this mean that in your (collective) opinion it is not release ready
> for 2.0?  If so, what is wrong/missing?
> I'd be happy to look into things that people consider show stoppers.
It is not catogorized and takes up an awful lot of space. If this doesn't
change i think it should be default off in krita. Krita is not about
music,charts etc. In krita it adds a lot of noise.

> > 27.10.2007-15:27  psn: we're discussing connections and considering
> > making it a specialized path shape
> > 27.10.2007-15:29 < psn> boud: never had anything against it being a
> > shape... that was ThomasZ and someone else... actually I'd prefer it to
> > be as there will be less duplication of code then
> > 27.10.2007-15:29  psn: good, that's our conclusion, too.
>
> We had this discussion before, and on my question back then what actually
> the connection and shape share, the list of things stayed awfully small.
> I really can only think of one thing; they are both painted on screen.
>
> I recally suggesting back then to make a connection have a path-shape as a
> (private) member to paint the connection with.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, and I'd love to hear it (as I wrote all the
> connection stuff, I feel like I'm the maintainer, so I'd appreciate
> staying in the loop on big rewrites).
>
> So, what kind of code do you guys want to share?  I mean; a connection
> doesn't even have a position like a shape does, and just about all
> shape-related code is thus useless.
> I'm confused...
Yeah I'm the "someone else" and must say i'm equally surpriced. I can just
about accept the common supesuper class proposal of thorsten. But to make it
a shape feels really weird to me.

A connection is something between shapes. So now we are going to be able to
have connections between connections too??

color me confused - or is that "pigment me confused" ;)

> Anyway, again, great work; and I hope we can see loads and loads of commits
> soon ;)
Yeah great work and I hope so too.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen