List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Status and Agenda for the ODF Weekend
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2007-04-02 14:46:13

On Monday 02 April 2007 09.41, Dag Andersen wrote:
> Hi,
> Yeahh, not much interest has been  *shown* from the kplato quarters, but I
> would have loved to have a standard odf format. I'm afraid it takes a *lot*
> ( I mean a *lot*) of legwork to make a useful proposal. (Some even thinks
> it's impossible). I'm allready running like mad to get kplato into a useful
> state, so I absolutely have no chance at all to also look at standardizing
> the file format :(

I hope you didn't take my remark as some sort of criticism.  It was merely an
explanation. I think that KPlato has taken a very big step forward, and I
look forward to writing a wordy announcement about it. :-)

> I have sort of hoped somebody would step forward and do that work. There is
> quite a lot of interest in *having* a standard, but so far noone has
> volunteered to actually do anything about it.

I think that David Faure would be the person to talk to here, regarding what
needs to be done and suggestions about how to do it.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |