List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Notes on koffice unit tests
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-12 12:43:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 12 February 2007 12:48, Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> Yes i prefer that too, but again that would break the z-order painting.
In complex hierarchies, you are probably right...

> And what is with the shape containers z-index?
If the children are nested shapes, then they inherit the z-index from their
parent. And the z-index of all children is used to figure out the painting
order of the children (on top of the parent).
This concept is inherited from how we did things from KWord 1.1 forward.

> As long as the the z-index works document wide and can be abitrary set,
> there are cases with unclear rendering order.
> Or do i miss something?

No, thats true.
But if two objects don't overlap then the rendering order can be switched
without any problem.

All in all, my points in this thread are just my opinions for the current
code. Which is broken. Its clear you got a good grasp of the stuff, so if you
find the time to implement any solution, I'd be happy.
--
Thomas Zander