List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: A simple place for complex settings, KOffice-wide
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-09 21:26:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 22:11, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Thomas Zander said the following, On 2007-01-09 21:54:
> > On Tuesday 09 January 2007 19:49, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> >> If that's ok to you, it will be no problem to reuse the dialog in other
> >> KOffice apps once it is present in Kexi 2.0 sometime this year.
> >
> > This is not something I want to see in at least KWord, and I'd feel bad
> > if it were in other KOffice applications.
> >
> > As I stated before; the koproperty library is something that is not
> > usable for the target audience of KOffice.
>
> Whether it's implemented using koproperty or WINAPI or Flake or
> FooBarMetaProgramming, it does not matter, the proposal is about
> functionality so do not use the points from a different thread.

Ehm, no. You didn't ask if we thought we had too many options. You didn't
refer to any research that this option indeed is used by such a small amount
of people that it can be hidden. You didn't make a point at how KOffice
configuration really is over the top.
All you did was state that you thought this config option was a great reason
to build a config dialog like you linked to. Preferably based on
koproperties.

And thats what I commented on.

I don't like it.
--