List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for datedif
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-12-18 14:18:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Sascha,

On Sunday, December 17, 2006 08:14:57 PM Sascha Pfau wrote:
> another patch for a missing function. this time datedif is it. i know the
> calcution looks strange and the patch ugly. the doctumentation is missing
> too.

Cool. :)

I had a look at your patch and the logic seems okay to me. But I found some
points, where it needs improvement before commitment:
1. The reference date (date0) should be retrieved from Doc.
2. The constraint, that the first date has to be equal or greater than the
second one, should be lifted. The OpenFormula spec does not note this
constraint. Is it possible to exchange the dates and adjust the sign of the
return value appropriately for this case?
3. The interval parameter should be validated before calculation.
4. The documentation should at least be extended by the possible values for
the last argument, which defines the return value.

Would you be so kind and resolve these small issues?

Are you planning to work on KDE for a somewhat longer time? If so, please read
http://developer.kde.org/joining/applysvnaccount.php. If not, keep on sending
patches to this list, please. :)

A place in the "Thanks to" section of KSpread's about dialog is already yours,
if you sent us an improved version of the DATEDIF patch. ;)

Regards,
Stefan