List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Patch to enable KoXmlReader
From:       "Ariya Hidayat" <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-11 8:52:57

Hi All,

The patch http://ariya.pandu.org/temp/kotext-xmlreader.diff will make
libs/kotext compiles if the new memory efficient DOM in KoXmlReader
stuff is activated, i.e. when KOXML_USE_QDOM is *not* defined in
libs/store/KoXmlReader.h. I can't asses the impact of the changes
because to check the modified KoText with KWord/KPresenter, I also
still need to modify KWord/KPresenter to use all the KoXml* instead of
QDom*. However, when KOXML_USE_QDOM is defined (means that every
KoXml* classes just typedefed to their QDom* counterparts), everything
looks fine.

For those who are brave enough to try the memory efficient DOM in
KoXmlReader, you can give KSpread a try. Simple comment the line
containing KOXML_USE_QDOM in libs/store/KoXmlReader.h, rebuild and
install all stuff in libs/, and finally rebuild kspread/. There are
still few remaining compile issues but I'm working on it. Please let
me know if you experience any run-time problems. Check loading some
large documents and verify that (during loading) KSpread does not
desperately suck your RAM anymore.

To avoid confusion: the patch and other KoXmlReader stuff *does not*
put into effect if you never comment KOXML_USE_QDOM in
libs/store/KoXmlReader.h.

Comments?

Regards,

Ariya