Hi All, The patch http://ariya.pandu.org/temp/kotext-xmlreader.diff will make libs/kotext compiles if the new memory efficient DOM in KoXmlReader stuff is activated, i.e. when KOXML_USE_QDOM is *not* defined in libs/store/KoXmlReader.h. I can't asses the impact of the changes because to check the modified KoText with KWord/KPresenter, I also still need to modify KWord/KPresenter to use all the KoXml* instead of QDom*. However, when KOXML_USE_QDOM is defined (means that every KoXml* classes just typedefed to their QDom* counterparts), everything looks fine. For those who are brave enough to try the memory efficient DOM in KoXmlReader, you can give KSpread a try. Simple comment the line containing KOXML_USE_QDOM in libs/store/KoXmlReader.h, rebuild and install all stuff in libs/, and finally rebuild kspread/. There are still few remaining compile issues but I'm working on it. Please let me know if you experience any run-time problems. Check loading some large documents and verify that (during loading) KSpread does not desperately suck your RAM anymore. To avoid confusion: the patch and other KoXmlReader stuff *does not* put into effect if you never comment KOXML_USE_QDOM in libs/store/KoXmlReader.h. Comments? Regards, Ariya -- http://www.google.com/search?q=ariya+hidayat&btnI _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel