List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    [FYI] DOC "export filter" saving as RTF
From:       Clarence Dang <dang () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-10 0:24:28

Hi,

I haven't compiled KOffice for a while now or touched its code for a number of
years but I recently saw in the Commit Digest that a DOC "export filter"
saves as RTF.

Originally, I made the RTF filter in the file dialog say "Rich Text Format
(Microsoft Word Compatible)" (or similar), instead of adding a fake DOC
filter.

Because, at that time, someone argued -- on this list -- against the fake DOC
filter as it would break the companies that run automatic tools on DOC files,
really expecting DOC, not RTF.  There were some other reasons as well.

Clarence