List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Regarding KO 2.0 goals - feel of the startup screen (RFC)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-18 8:34:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 17 July 2006 23:03, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> For 2.0 (probably not this year..) I plan to integrate with the startup
> screen/window for Kexi as much as possible.

Thats really cool; I welcome any and all efforts that will make kexi feel
more like a part of the family

> Since starting a new Kexi
> project is not a mater of choosing template, we need some exensibility
> for the startup screen.

Why would it not fit in the template dialog? You would benefit from the
extensive work many people did on that dialog to make it the best
usability wise and technically.
I fail to see how kexi functionality can not be modified to fit with the
template idea making it really integrate.
The way kexi now handles opening or creating is certainly in need of
improvement; too many dialogs and steps making the user feel lost.

I suggest you work in that direction, and I suggest you talk to the people
from openusability who are experts in knowing what will have the best
impression.
--
Thomas Zander