List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KSpread Kross Scripts
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2006-07-14 14:04:22

Hi dear KSpread-developer :)

just some minutes ago I backported the kross plugin isaac wrote for KSpread
from trunk to 1.6. Now all what's needed to get scripting support for 1.6 in,
would be

1. Add the "Script Manager" to KSpread to be able to manage and execute
scripts.
For this I would propose to have a menuitem Tools=>Script Manager. On execute
the dialog we use currently at Kexi and Krita will be reused/displayed. The
dialog enables the user to install, deinstall, load, unload, execute and
online-updating KSpread script-packages).
Maybe it's also an idea to add an additional menuitem Tools=>Scripts... which
displays a submenu of the installed script-packages and enables faster
executuion without going through the "Script Manager" dialog.

So, question is; Is it ok to add those both menuitems? or maybe add them at
another place? or.... ?

2. At http://www.kde-files.org we would then need a section "KSpread Scripts"
where script-packages could be stored at to allow the user to install/update
his script-packages.

3. Some example-scripts to show how a KSpread-script may look like / what a
user is able to do with it. I would just write a small "Export to HTML"
and/or "Export to CSV" script. Depending on my timeframe I am also motivated
to add later (so, after release) a "Import/Export from/to KexiDB"
script-package.

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc