List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Google SOC 2006, KOffice proposals
From:       Jarosław_Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2006-04-15 7:50:33

BERGER Cyrille wrote:

>> Problem: the tasks could be probably for 2.0 alpha, not 1.6 branch?
> Well in fact, the summer code is supposed to happen in july and
> august, so it could be in theory possible to have it for 1.6. But on
> an other hand, I suppose google will likely to preferre
> original/prospective work and than it would be too short for 1.6. So I
> think targetting 2.0 is a better idea, but that's not because kexi has
> no work ongoing for 2.0 right now, that is should be excluded ;P

OTOH I guess that by having most of the tasks not related (except class
naming) to Qt4 will be a good deal; in each app there are such tasks that can
be extracted. And yeah, this may lower a difficulty of entering the project
for new devs and it sometimes can be an indicator of a good design.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

* KDE3 & KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                   http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki
See also:
* Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
* Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html