List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Flake design
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2006-04-15 3:21:42

Hello,

/**
 * The object manager is the per-document singleton that keeps track
 * of all objects.
 *
 * XXX: We need a KoSelection per view, not per object manager.
 */

I have a different point of view what the object manager should be. For me you
have an object manager per view and it has a reference to all objects of the
page/sheet. I don't think it is good to have all objects in one big object.
It will make the handling very complicated and time consuming if you have a
lot of objects. If we have have an object manager per view then one selection
per object manager will is ok. This was however I intended it to be when I
designed it.
I can see now that this might be not what is in need for kword. So how is this
handled at the moment in kword or how should it be for kword?

Any ideas before everybody starts to implement in a different direction.

Thorsten