List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice Uzbek translations
From:       Mashrab Kuvatov <kmashrab () sat ! physik ! uni-bremen ! de>
Date:       2006-03-31 10:19:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 30 March 2006 20:09, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> The cut-off point is 20% translated, which appears to be the case for
> Uzbek. However, if you really want, I can add it manually back for 1.5.0.

Please do. This would be great.

> I'm not sure it's already at a point where the translation is actually
> useful, especially for monoglot users.

KWord in Uzbek is usable since 1.3 times. Since KWord's quality and an Uzbek
spellchecker was not as good as it is now, I didn't push it.

Anyway, if today A Linux Distro+KDE+KOffice gets translated 100% into Uzbek,
the situation with Linux in Uzbekistan will not change much. Since there is a
lack of training, books, support etc. Windows in Russian does everything most
of the users need at the moment.

I'm translating Linux+KDE into Uzbek already since 2002. It took a lot of time
to get it into release, into distro, then to users. Just very recently I
started to receive small contributions. You see how long it takes to get
there.

I think KOffice now is good enough to show it to Uzbek users. So, the sooner I
get KOffice Uzbek translations into release, the sooner I reach users. If I
miss with this release, the next chance is when one?, two? years.

Cheers,
Mashrab.
--
PGP key: www.uni-bremen.de/~kmashrab/kmashrab.asc