List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Last call for the changelog/fixes/known problems
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2006-01-31 0:38:51

hi *

first sorry for not beeing around lately. Seems the university it's all of my
time this and (at least parts of) next week.

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Okay, Inge is temporarily out of action, so I'm collecting the last
> additions for the full changelog, list with important fixes and the list
> with known problems. If you've got any not mentioned in changed=1.5, or in
> the previous thread on known problems, and if you want something hot
> mentioned, please reply to this mail with the full text (i.e., no links),
> and I'll collate the text today.

There is still an issue with ImportXHTML.py (plugin for Kexi written with
python and distributed with Kexi) if used with tkinter (that's the case if
pyqt isn't installed, we fail then back to tkinter). I don't know if it's
worth to be mentioned, but it's a strange one cause
a) tkinter doesn't allow multiple top-level dialogs now (only ImportXHTML.py
does use multiple anyway).
b) if the script got executed, the import is done after you closed all
tkinter-dialogs (what could be only done with "cancel"). So, it's really
strange that you need to use cancel to actualy start import. But, well... it
looks funny (and will be fixed as soon as I've some more time again :-)

Another thingy;
for the announce-1.5-beta1.php it would be imho more wise to;
s/scripting using KROSS/python and ruby scripting/g; (for Kexi and Krita)
cause;
- KROSS is an internal "working"-name and imho it's not that usefull to let
the user know those name. Well, it's not any kind of information that could
be usefull for him anyway.
- we should mention _ruby and python_ cause both are supported. So, PR on the
one side ("look, we support 2 nice languages") and some usefull information
("hmm, scripting-support? what scripting?") too.

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc