List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Last call for the changelog/fixes/known problems
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-01-31 6:13:34

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Sebastian Sauer wrote:

> Another thingy;
> for the announce-1.5-beta1.php it would be imho more wise to;
> s/scripting using KROSS/python and ruby scripting/g; (for Kexi and Krita)
> cause;
> - KROSS is an internal "working"-name and imho it's not that usefull to let
> the user know those name. Well, it's not any kind of information that could
> be usefull for him anyway.

Well, Kross is a good name, and I hope we can establish it as the component that
guarantees cross-language scriptability and flexibility. It's not just publicity
for users we're doing here, but establishing something in the eyes of other KDE
developers.

> - we should mention _ruby and python_ cause both are supported. So, PR on the
> one side ("look, we support 2 nice languages") and some usefull information
> ("hmm, scripting-support? what scripting?") too.

I did for Krita, but Jaroslaw wasn't sure about Ruby for Kexi being included in
the beta :-(. I'm not sure whether there's still time to change the announcements,
unless Inge picks this up real soon.

Boudewijn