List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: State of kugar: was: Re: kudesigner crash before startup
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2006-01-20 13:09:28

On Fredag 20 januar 2006 13:26, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 20 January 2006 13:18, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > You can use that argument against kplato as a whole, it's not
> > going to be much use for most people ;) It's a 0.x release and
> > will obviously lack many essential functions for serious use.
> > (The main thing imo is to generate some interrest.)
> > I would have loved to have something like 'extras' to really
> > indicate to people that this isn't quite up to koffice standards.
>
> With KPlato at least I got the impression it was coming together --
> it's possible to do some basic project planning with it. But it
> would indeed be nice to have some kind of visible indication that
> an app is in the "staging area" of a release.
Yes we hope so!
(I wasn't comparing with kugar, just the report part of kplato.)
We'll give it version 0.5 but of course, all apps released with
koffice will reflect on koffice...
OTOH, I don't think there will be many more new apps that will be part
of koffice so doing something special just for kplato maybe overkill.
--
Mvh,
Dag Andersen