List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: modifier keys.
From:       Casper Boemann <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2005-12-01 18:56:02

On Thursday 01 December 2005 16:24, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Scaling:
> Shift disables snap to grid/guide
> I would like this as this will make it consistent with the dragging and
> inserting.
>
> Alt keeps aspect ratio
> As I also like this feature it is what I proposed for Alt as the scaling in
> only horizontal/vertical direction can allready be done. But I see that the
> usage of Alt is tricky as if you press alt before moving it will move the
> window instead.

Then how about switching the two keys:

Alt disables snap to grid/guide
Shift keeps aspect ratio

This has the benefit of preserving shift as the keep aspect which is a defacto
standard as I recall.

Also most people decide to disable snapping only in the final phase of
placing. Hmm - what if you are fine tuning a placement then you would
probably hold down the key before selecting. We could avoid a usability
disaster by first snapping on first movement - KPresenter already does this
iirc.

I guess the same could be said the other way around.

thoughts?

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann