List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: modifier keys.
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2005-12-01 15:24:57

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 18:03, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 16:28, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > > Scaling:
> > > Shift keeps aspect ratio
> > > Alt Scales only horizontally or vertically
> > > Control scales all objects from center of all selected objects
> >
> > I would propose the following:
> > Scaling:
> > Shift does as described above
> > Alt keeps aspect ratio
> > Control scales selected object from the centre.
>
> Hmm, I'd like to know what is wrong with my proposal and how you came to
> this list instead.
> If you read the initial email again you will see reasons for my list, I
> have not seen any reasons for your list so I guess you will see why I
> don't want to just accept yours.
> I naturally will if its better, but please take a little time to explain
> why you feel its better.
Scaling:
Shift disables snap to grid/guide
I would like this as this will make it consistent with the dragging and
inserting.

Alt keeps aspect ratio
As I also like this feature it is what I proposed for Alt as the scaling in
only horizontal/vertical direction can allready be done. But I see that the
usage of Alt is tricky as if you press alt before moving it will move the
window instead.

Control scales selected object from the centre.

Hope this explains why.

Thorsten