List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Making koApplication inherits KUniqueApplication
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-05 13:47:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 05 November 2005 11:57, Clarence Dang wrote:
> > Having a server is not needed; as long as the configuration layer
> > knows what the orig value was so it has a clear and simple way of
> > doing a 'diff' internally as well as a secondary level diff with the
> > file system version.
>
> From your experience implementing this, why did you choose this
> file-based approach rather than a global server?

Complexity, mostly.
I wanted to keep it simple and doing interprocess communication and stuff
like starting the server at the right time and accounting for people
turning off computers without properly shutting down etc etc was just not
worth the effort.
With the KDE libs that equation might very well come out different then it
did for my needs, though.

--
Thomas Zander