List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: plan for lightweight DOM implementation
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-30 17:13:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 30 October 2005 16:57, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> I think it would be nice to start an alternate project too, where we'd
> investigate the current loading code to see how much would need to be
> changed. We -think- that it would be a lot ... but is it really so?

There are some things you don't need to try again and again to know the
outcome; one of them is the usage of SAX in koffice as well as in all the
other projects I used it in.

Its almost like going back to a binary file format; its not to hard to
implement, but its hell to do correctly (so it does not crash if the
input file is wrong) and its even harder to maintain when, for example
the fileformat changes slightly.

Naturally you are free to find this out for yourself, as history shows the
best way to remember a mistake is by making it ourselves.
--
Thomas Zander