List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: plan for lightweight DOM implementation
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-10-30 17:20:12

On Sunday 30 October 2005 10:50 am, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> The idea is as follows. Each node does not necessarily load the
> attributes and its children at once, but rather only on-demand. Upon
> nodes/elements (which are children of the document) are loaded. For
> each node, the positions in the content corresponding the node data
> are saved. When this node is accessed, then it will "rewind" again the
> content to the appropriate position, reparse the data, and again
> capture only its direct children nodes.

So basically, you expose a DOM interface on the front side, but use SAX on the
back side as needed.  Just might work.  Recommend Googling a bit on this, as
I vaguely recall seeing someone else doing the same thing and there might be
some lessons learned.  Think I saw it on the oreilly XML site.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)