List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OpenOffice.org bloat article
From:       Robert Knight <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-28 12:06:44

> Agree even while I guess my complain is still very important.

I do take your point - Spreadsheet packages are really not intended to
handle very large volumes of data, but KSpread still suffers even
under normal usage conditions, as does OpenOffice.  I like the idea of
better KSpread < - > Kexi integration though.

> I don't really intend to work on either as I'm not convinced by it.  It
works nicely until you try to insert a new column or row, then all hell
breaks loose. ;(

The other alternative is to use a single pointer to an object holding
styling information - an object which can be shared between many
cells.  That would probably be easier to implement for 1.5, and it
would still save a lot of memory.

Regards,
Robert.