List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OpenOffice.org bloat article
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-28 13:01:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 28 October 2005 14:06, Robert Knight wrote:
> > Agree even while I guess my complain is still very important.
>
> I do take your point - Spreadsheet packages are really not intended to
> handle very large volumes of data, but KSpread still suffers even
> under normal usage conditions, as does OpenOffice.  I like the idea of
> better KSpread < - > Kexi integration though.

I have been dreaming of features that transparently move data from your
kspread page to a kexi database replacing the kspread first row with some
meta function which requests data from kexi and transparently shows the
data in all the rows below it.  Change the query and you see different
results in your kspread without effecting your actual data which is save
in a kexi DB :)

There are so many things we can do, if only people actually started doing
it..
--
Thomas Zander