List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash bugs in KOffice
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-18 11:14:35

> Let's prevent filters from crashing in the first place, instead of making everything
> slower in the common case to avoid a crash in the rare case - but the user doesn't
> gain much from kword not crashing, if kword can't read the .doc file anyway.
> You get an error dialog instead of a crash dialog - big deal.

I suggest the use of koconverter tool in this case. When checking
problems in Excel import, first I run koconverter to see whether the
filter can successfully create a document or not. This may help to
isolate the cause of crash.

So when checking for filter bugs, please use koconverter. We can also
ask/encourage the bug reporter to do so.

--
Ariya Hidayat, http://ariya.blogspot.com