List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash bugs in KOffice
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2005-10-18 9:09:51

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 11:01, David Faure wrote:

> Apps can crash too, and we can't do any global crash-prevention blanket for
> that case, so I don't see the point in doing it in the filter case. And I
> haven't seen so many filter crashes anyway - not since we use wv2; the old
> msword filter used to crash a lot.

The current filter _can_ read some .doc files that make OpenOffice 2 crash,
but there are still plenty of crashes -- although most appear not to be in
the filter itself, but in KWord, and specifically in the frame layout bits.

But given that Thomas is working on that part of KWord, I guess you don't need
to worry about the crash list, but can keep on fixing OpenDocument.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi