List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash bugs in KOffice
From:       Alan Horkan <horkana () maths ! tcd ! ie>
Date:       2005-10-17 21:38:04

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:32:02 +0200
> From: Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org>
> To: For developer's discussion about KOffice <koffice-devel@kde.org>
> Subject: Crash bugs in KOffice
>
> We've got 57 crash bugs in bugzilla. Most of them are filter bugs, and
> some of them are hard to reproduce because we have no longer access to
> the test documents. What we should have is someplace to store all test
> documents per filter and a script that tests the filters on those test
> document.

On IRC I semi-randomly pondered if filters could be more isolated so that
errors in the filters would result in failure but were prevented from ever
taking down the rest of the application with them.

The idea wasn't shouted down as impractical but it was pointed out there
would be extra resources required if filters were to be run in a seperate
thread.  Without particularly knowing half as much about it as I probalby
should I'm suggesteing it again and I'll file a bug report if you think it
is worth considering to help improve stability?

- Alan H.