List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Good review in November Linux Magazine
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-10-14 10:41:42

On Friday 14 October 2005 12.35, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> His main points of criticism are:
>
> * OpenDocument not yet perfect (but he doesn't whine about that, just notes
> that it's work in progress)
> * The bullet dropdown toolbutton in KWord is not useful: he thinks that
> just defining a bullet style for a document and a single enable bullet
> action would enough.
> * Apparently, mail merge from an external datasource was boken
> * KWord doesn't place a dot after numbers in numbered lists

I think we should have a numbering stylist.

> * KPresenter should be able to generate handouts from presentations

Indeed.

> * Kugar is weird, badly integrated and practically unusable -- he suggests
> we thing about whether we want to keep Kugar.
> * Kexi is not integrated into KOffice at all -- it cannot be a datasource
> for mail merge, for instance, the form editor is impractical and so on: he
> ascribes this to teething troubles.

I have heard nothing about this at all.  Would be an interesting discussion it
itself:
 - How to integrate Kexi better
 - What more integrations we want between the other components and between
KOffice / KDE.

> * Krita doesn't have cmyk and Karbon's dockers aren't as nice as Krita's --
> well those issues are fixed now :-).
>

> It may be worth it writing a letter to the magazine pointing out the
> amazing progress we've already made in addressing his issues -- maybe
> they'll print it. Shall I prepare one?

Please do.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |