List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Microsoft Office 12: new user interface
From:       kent () mslinux ! com
Date:       2005-09-23 16:49:13

If you think this is good, wait till you see what KOffice 2.0 UI is
going to be
like.  It's going to use Lowest State Design to facilitate writing
documents. It'll blow Office 12 release out of the water.  BTW, the
frick'n interview is
hella long.  It took about 15 minutes until she actually showed the UI.  I
don't have patience for that crap.  Okie, let me get to what I meant from the
Lowest State Design.  In the Lowest State Design, the user is oblivious to the
tool in front, with just a little information KOffice will automatically know
what the user will be doing.  And facilitate that action for the user.  Here's
how it will work:

1)  Assuming the user is writing a letter.  The user just write the letter
freely, identify fonts, size, and spacing.  Those will be taken into
consideration and we will have a preview of a templatized letter with the
content that the user add based on the fonts, size, and spacing the
user use. User will be able to select other templatized letter and have
their content be
in it to preview realtime.

2)  Previous state suggestion.  This mean, the user who created his/her
documents previously will have those tables, text, formatting, etc. be
suggested for his/her current writing document.  This facilitate the writing
process because the user would think to him/her that he has done this before
but couldn't remember which document.  BOOM!  We do it automatically for the
user by understanding the writing context and the way the user moves
within the
UI.

These are just some of the features that will be in KOffice 2.0.  Believe me
when KOffice 2.0 comes out on October 29, 2006, it'll run cricles around what
you see in Office 12 Release today.  People think Office 12 UI is awesome, you
just wait to see KOffice 2.0, you will be like "MY GOD, KOffice 2.0 is
going to
run Office 12 out of business." hehehe hahahaa Muahahaha =)

Watch this space, it's going to get exciting.  Buck your belt I'm going
to give
you a quantum ride!