List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Microsoft Office 12: new user interface
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-23 13:42:48

> We did this and got nothing but positive feedback, save for the occasional
> person who barked because his favorite feature was missing  in action.
> You will always have people that want to keep it the old way.

In the case for Microsoft, I'm pretty much sure that they have thought
about possible rejection by old-time users. However, I think they
still justified it due to Office "domination". Added to the fact that
in previous releases, Office always had slightly non-standard user
interface elements (and thus breaking Windows style guide, how ironic)
but still generated more and more profits.

Whether this becomes another failed attempt (just like the autohide
menu and foolish paperclip) or a new trend set, nobody knows.

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat